Fort Smith Public Library's Summer Reading Program schedule
Fort Smith Public Library - ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE
Fort Smith Public Library, 3201 Rogers Avenue, 479-783-0229 fortsmithlibrary.org
Story times are 10 a.m. for ages 3 and under; 10 a.m. Thursdays for ages 4 and up.
Dallas Branch Library
8100 Dallas Street, 479-484-5650
Story time is 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays
Miller Branch Library
8701 South 28th Street, 479-783-0229
Story time is 10 a.m. on Friday
Windsor Branch Library,
4701 Windsor Drive, 479-785-0405
Story time is 10 a.m. on Mondays.
"Every Hero Has a Story" Children's Summer Reading Program
Who: Preschool to 12 years
What: Designed to encourage reading for pleasure, this program will help young readers retain the valuable skills they developed over the school year. Preschool children too young to read also may participate and will receive credit for the books read to them. Rewards will be given for reaching specific goals.
When: June 1-July 31
Where: All Fort Smith Public Library locations
"Escape the Ordinary" Teen Summer Reading Program
Who: Teens who love to read
What: Stop by any Fort Smith Public Library location to enjoy books, videos, computers, magazines, music, and special library programs of all kinds this summer. Read books and enter into weekly prize drawings for the chance to win great gift cards. When: June 1 - July 30
Where: All four library branches
Wonderful Wednesday at the Main Library
Who: School-age children
What: Wednesdays are extra-special with Wonderful Wednesday. A different program will be offered each week in June and July for school-age children as a part of the Summer Reading Program.
When: 2 p.m. Wednesdays during the summer reading program
- June 3 – Snakes are Superheroes Too!
- June 10 – Mad Science of Northwest Arkansas (a 3:30 p.m. session will also be offered)
- June 17 – Four-legged Heroes
- June 24 – Storybook Strings
- July 1 – Journeys of the Harp with Beth Stockdell
- July 8 – Magical Heroes with Tommy Terrific’s Wacky Magic Show
- July 15 – Honeyguide Heroes with Dr. Ragupathy Kannan
- July 22 – Hats off to Heroes: Nancy Stewart in Concert
- July 29 – The Young Actors Guild presents “Magic Tree House: The Knight at Dawn”
Where: Fort Smith Public Library
Movie Matinee at Your Library
Who: All ages
What: Take the family and your own refreshments (or pick something up from Dewey’s Café!) for the library’s Summer Movie Matinee series at the main library. Kids of all ages and their families are invited to spend an air-conditioned afternoon at these free events.
When: Thursdays, 2 p.m.
- June 4 – “Penguins of Madagascar”
- June 11 – “Big Hero 6”
- June 18 – “The Book of Life”
- June 25 – “Wings: Sky Force Heroes”
- July 9 – “The Boxtrolls”
- July 16 – “Mr. Peabody and Sherman”
- July 24 – “The Nut Job”
- July 31 – “Rio 2”
Where: Main Library, 3201 Rogers Avenue
Arts & Crafts Afternoons
Who: Kids of all ages
What: Free arts and crafts program features a variety of craft projects. All materials will be provided at the fun open-house-style event.
When: 2-3:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 4-July 30
Where: Dallas Street Branch, 8100 Dallas Street